[Solved] Problem with ALE method for explosion

14 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@lsdynastudent)
Student

Hi all,

I have been working in an explosion with the ALE method, but I am not able to see the wave propagation in the pressure, which means that the explosion did not occur.

I would like to increase the size of my explosive to see whether this is the problem or not, because I am so desperate.

If some expert could contact me in private I would be really grateful, I really do not know what else to do

13 Replies

Negative Volume
Admin
(@negativevolume)
CEO

Hi @lsdynastudent

I know learning LS-Dyna is tough, especially when you are working with explosions (which I am not familiar with.) But I would suggest that you try to look at the energy plots of your simulation to see if anything is happening. You should see some energy spikes if your explosion happened and is just too small. 

You may need to re-run your simulation if you did not setup your *Database_options for GLSTAT, which is the global statistics and will allow you to look at the overall energy of your simulation.

You will need to add this to your code and change the DT bolded value to be whatever time interval you want to look at your energies. So if if is a 10 ms simulation, make this lower than 0.1 ms. 

*DATABASE_RCFORC
$#    DT   BINARY    LCUR   IOOPT
0.1, 3, 0, 1

More details about database ascii options are below:

https://feassistant.com/forums/ls-dyna/database-functionality/#post-115

If there is a little energy at least, then I would definitely double check that you units in your model match up. 

Let me know how it goes!

12 Replies
(@lsdynastudent)

Student

@negativevolume

I changed the parameter but it doesnt still work.

This is so difficult, would it be possible to contact you in private so I can send you the simulation?

Negative Volume
Admin
(@negativevolume)

CEO

@lsdynastudent

What is not working? Are you able to open the output ascii files in the Post tab?

(@lsdynastudent)

Student

@negativevolume

I have already changed all parameters you said but appart from them I also have some contrained lagrange, control in boundaries....

The error can be in a lot of places, if I knew what is not working I would have already solved the problem. As I told you before, it is just that I can not see any energy propagation.

Thanks for your help

csuznxg
(@csuznxg)

Paid Intern

@lsdynastudent

Hi, I think there is a problem with parts coupling. When you use ALE for blasting modeling, three parts are inevitable: explosive (ALE), rock(LAGRANGE), ALE part (ALE). Nodes of explosive and ALE part should be shared on their interface, this is very important. In addition, the mesh of rock is independent, no part sharing nodes with it. In order to transfer stress wave from explosive to rock, CONSTRAINED_LAGRANGE_IN_SOLID should be used. 

(@lsdynastudent)

Student

@csuznxg

Hi! Thanks for your help, I have been already checking the paremeters in constrained lagrange but it doesnt still work.

Could I send it in private to you? 

I really need help with this issue

csuznxg
(@csuznxg)

Paid Intern

@lsdynastudent

You can attach your K file here, I will help you to check the issues.

(@lsdynastudent)

Student

@csuznxg

I would rather send it in private if you dont mind, can I send private message in this forum?

(@lsdynastudent)

Student

@csuznxg

My university email is 

fjr@email.sc.edu

If it doesnt work I can give you my personal one

Thanks in advance

(@lsdynastudent)

Student

@negativevolume

Does ALE work with shell structures?

(@lsdynastudent)

Student

@negativevolume

Could I send you the .k to see if you could help me?

Negative Volume
Admin
(@negativevolume)

CEO

@lsdynastudent

Sure you can send it to contact@feassistant.com

However, @csuznxg seemed more knowledgeable about this sim type in particular. But I’ll look and see if anything looks weird.

(@lsdynastudent)

Student

@negativevolume

I talked to him and there was a missunderstanding, he could not solve my issue.

Could I send to you the .k?

Share: