forrtl: severe (157): Program Exception - access violation in LS Dyna

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@error_man)
Unpaid Intern

Hello,

I am receiving this error in ls dyna. My model contains SPH particles and shell model (curvy). SPH strikes shell with defined velocity, shell is costrained 6 DOF from edges. Contact is automatic nodes to surface. I set timestep TSSFAC to 0.6. There is no error in keyword check. I tried setting memory instead of default. I dont know what causes this. Image is attached and i can share .k file if you want.

Ls prepost 4.8 x 64 windows and ls dyna r.11

Thanks in advance

error3
6 Replies

Negative Volume
Admin
(@negativevolume)
CEO

Hi @error_man,

Try changing your LS-Dynamic solver to the double precision version. So instead of “_smp_s_” it would be “_smp_d_” of the same version.

5 Replies
(@error_man)

Unpaid Intern

@negativevolume Thanks for the reply. I guess it works didn't give the error but due to high mesh number it seems to last 3 hour 30 minutes. I'll mention once i try.

Negative Volume
Admin
(@negativevolume)

CEO

@error_man yes it will add computation time, but double precision is recommended for implicit simulations (not sure if you are running explicit or implicit) and can solve this forrtl: severe (157) error. 

https://www.dynasupport.com/howtos/general/double-precision

(@error_man)

Unpaid Intern

@negativevolume Well mine is actually explicit simulation. I tried it with coarse mesh version and it didn't give an error. However, in the simulation once SPH particals touches the shell, they disappear. When i try by using single precision, it still gives the same error though. 

Negative Volume
Admin
(@negativevolume)

CEO

@error_man but it is working with double precision and the fine mesh correct? Any errors with finer mesh occurring with your contacts should either have to do with your particle material mode or you contact type. 

You can try adding some optional parameters within the contact and see if that helps. I’m not expert on SPH but some information I found online said to try FORM=1 and CLSH=2.0 within *control_sph, and try SOFT=1 for your contact. There are many more parameters to change for a contact but this could be a start.

(@error_man)

Unpaid Intern

@negativevolume Thanks i ll take that from here. It needs some research.

Share: