Tensile Strengh in CSCM (mat_159)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@marioraulf)
Barista

Hey guys,

I am working with material 159 (CSCM) to model the fracture of shear keys. I am trying to replicate the experimental results obtained in the reference paper below. However, the normalized shear strength vs displacement curve that I obtained with CSCM is overestimating the shear strength as compared to the experimental results. I believe that decreasing the tensile strength would help me finding a better agreement between the numerical model and experiments, but I can't find a good way to do that. Does anybody know which parameters I could play with to achieve that?

Reference paper: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/285773797_Shear_strength_of_joints_in_precast_concrete_segmental_bridges

Figure 1
1 Reply

Negative Volume
Admin
(@negativevolume)
CEO

Hi @marioraulf

Are you using *Mat_CSCM or *Mat_CSCM_Concrete? Looks like the concrete version already has many material parameters built into it like tension modulus etc. I would use this version if you can. 

I'm not experienced in concrete material modeling and I don't have access to the full paper so I cannot see the full details. But I will be happy to help how I can further. 

Share: