Error 20211 (STR+211) while 2D impact analysis

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@dushyant)
Barista

Hello All,

I am new to LS-Dyna and i am trying to simulate a blade impacting wood. 

The geometry is 2D and i am using ERODING_NODES_TO_SURFACE Conatact type in which the master is the node list of the blade and slave is the wood which i Have selected using its part ID. 

For Material I am using MAT_POWER_LAW_PLASTICITY for both blade and wood with additional MAT_ADD_EROSION on wood

I am getting the following error as soon as i run the simulation

Error 20211 (STR+211)
reading contact segment data
undefined node # 0
13127 0 0 111111 0
input phase will continue if possible

The node mentioned is at the extreme end of the rectangle which I have created for wood.

Please provide any input as to how I can sove the problem.

Thank You

1 Reply

Negative Volume
Admin
(@negativevolume)
CEO

Try making the master side the PID of the blade and the slave side a node set of the entire piece of wood. 

https://www.dynasupport.com/tutorial/ls-dyna-users-guide/contact-modeling-in-ls-dyna

"Eroding contact types are recommended whenever solid elements involved in the contact definition are subject to erosion (element deletion) due to material failure criteria. These eroding contacts contain logic which allow the contact surface to be updated as exterior elements are deleted. In *CONTACT_ERODING_NODES_TO_SURFACE, the slave side of the contact should be defined using a node set containing all the nodes (not just nodes on the outer suface) of the slave side part(s)."

Share: